Cathy chose me. I have been blogging for a long time (I have 2 other blogs), but this one is the most personal, the most revealing and truthfully my favorite one. So the catch with the award is that I have to share this with 7 bloggers and tell seven things about myself. It won't be easy, this blog already is a whole lot of TMI, so coming up with seven more things I haven't yet admitted about myself seems kind of daunting. But I'll give it ago!
1) I have a fear of success that holds me back. Could I make something out of this writing thing? Maybe. Could my catering business be more successful than it is? Probably. I hold myself back from strong pursuit of both because of fear. This isn't new. Back in the mid 80's when a different type of career I was pursuing started to take off in a big way, I had a nervous breakdown of sorts and threw it all away because of the blinding fear.
2) I have a fear of failure. Quite the juxtaposition isn't it?
3) I have not told most of the people closest to me about this blog.
4) On any given day I could wake up and hate my life, hate my reflection in the mirror, hate my family, hate where I am and then something small and insignificant will change every one of those emotions.
5) For most people who know me know this isn't a big revelation but it's less intense revelation... I love vampires. I have loved them since I read 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King in like 1979? After that my love grew and evolved. I can't think of anything more erotic than a bite on the neck. Vampires are just fucking sexy.
6) I don't forgive someone who betrays me easily, or at all depending on the level of betrayal. I could move past things or go on with my life but it will take a lot for me to forgive it.
7) I could not live without music. Next to food and water to live, I need music. I need to hear it every day.
Well... that wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. And now for the blogs.
Blood, Sweat and Sunday Gravy - The stories, the poems, the person behind them... they all move me.
Exploring Food My Way - Mostly restaurant reviews from the Akron and Cleveland areas, great information and photos. And I'm happy to say Tom has become a good friend.
Pratt Falls - The best thing to come out of the wretched Charles Pratt's time as head writer on All My Children. I love these gals!
Memorie di Angelina - Beautifully prepared and photographed food inspired by the writers Italian Grandma, Angelina (the same name as my beloved Italian Grandma)
Adventures of the Hope Warriors - A journey through the trials and tribulations of having cancer and just happens to be about one of my best friends.
Chexydecimal - Gossip on crack! Pithy, witty and wise at the able hands of my darling Chexy!
Cake Wrecks - When cakes go bad is really fucking funny.