Thursday, September 8, 2011

What the? An Award? For me!?

Blog awards are so fun!  They arrive out the blue, sometimes when you're feeling you've lost your way.  Sometimes when it feels like you have nothing more to say, someone sends you a blogger award to remind you that you do, or that what you have said means something.  So for that, I thank Muriel at 40blogSpot.  She has bestowed on me the Liebster Blog Award.  If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you should.  She gets straight to the heart of the matter and pulls no punches.  It's what I love about it.  

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, all in the spirit of fostering new connections.  And here are the rules:

1) Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2) Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment in their blog.
3) Post the award on your blog.
4) Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet - other writers.
5) And best of all, have fun and spread the karma.


And so, without further ado, my 5 blog picks and now Liebster recipients.

1) Adventures of the Hope Warriors - Written mostly by Dale, but sometimes by Jackie, this blog is about Jackie's journey with lung cancer.  She happens to be one of my best friends and I'm proud to day I am a Hope Warrior.

2) The Underwear Chronicles - Judy is just starting out, she only has two posts so far.  But what I've seen I have liked.  She's also a dear friend and one of the most supportive people I know.

3) Catharsis - Joy's blog is sweet and fun and refreshing and she's a doll.  Love this blog.

4) Don't Hang Up - Pennie's blog is inspirational, informative and just plain interesting.  Plus she herself is the best commenter ever.  When she comments on your blog, it is always thoughtful, meaningful and I just get happy whenever I see one from her.

5) Reflections from a Red Head - Janine's blog is always great but I urge you to go now more than ever.  She has started a new series called "The Beauty of Difference" that I love.  As someone who has felt different from others for most of my life for one reason or another, I love how this series embraces those differences.  

So there they are.  Enjoy, read, comment and write.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and many thanks for passing it on to me. Will do my best to fulfill the award's requirements.

    Also, thanks for your comment on my comments. As you may have realized, I love commenting. Am a comments junkie. Look for the longest comment and it's usually from me. You write something and it sets off a whole train of thoughts in my mind, often enough to write a whole blog post. I've kept some with this in mind. I also love your humorous, quirky, nakedly honest, tell-it-the-way-it-is posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award love and thanks so much for the award and wonderful words and the plug for the series! (I do hope you are going to write something!!??!! hint hint).
    I've enjoyed getting to know you in the PBAU group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :)

    @Janine, I would love to be a part of your series! Can you send me some details and how long it should be and any other info I might need? Thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear Lalia! If I figure out how to do this LOL I will carry on the honor! Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much from me and Dale too! Our first blog award...very cool!!! I will follow the rules above. It shouldn't be hard for me. I don't think! LOL. Thanks again my friend and thanks for being a Hope Warrior! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and thank you for the honor Lalia! I have to work on this award/ the list soon :-))

    ReplyDelete